BBC Proms Season starts June 29
KSPB is expanding its BBC Proms programming this summer. In addition to the seven Saturday morning highlight programs on the BBC World Service, we are airing nine full two-hour concerts from APM’s SymphonyCast on Monday evenings. Programs start Monday, June 29.
The BBC Proms is “the world’s greatest classical music festival,” but its repertoire goes beyond classical. This year’s programs, for example, include world music and jazz. They also include celebrations of the 150th anniversary of the birth of Proms founder and conductor, Sir Henry Wood.
Latest Blog Posts
- APM Reports: At a Loss For Words—What’s wrong with how schools teach reading (8/22/2019)
- APM Reports: Students on the Move—Keeping uprooted kids in school (8/15/2019)
- APM Reports: Under a Watchful Eye–How colleges are tracking students to boost graduation (8/8/2019)
- Expanded BBC Proms for 2019
- Planetary Radio added to line up
KSPB Merchandise Now Available
Check out our new online store for KSPB-themed merch! Use the coupon code merchlaunch for a 10% discount. Local pickup only at this point, but we will be adding shipping options in the near future.